Catherine (Callie) Liberty
I have taken my interests in social media, communication and technology and combined them with my strong analytical, research and collaborative skills to work with individuals, groups and organizations to learn how to better tell their stories. I look forward to applying my experiences to help a business, non-profit or government agency achieve its goals.
- Digital Knowledge Center (Fredericksburg, VA, 2014 – present)
The University of Mary Washington’s Digital Knowledge Center provides peer tutoring to all University students on digital projects and assignments.
- Responsible for the development of strategies assisting University of Mary Washington students in the areas of digital projects and assignments
- Tutor in various digital technologies
- Assist in running a program for Freshman orientation
- Worked each semester while carrying a full-time class schedule
- Hired to work in summer of 2015 and offered a full-time assignment in 2016
- Leadership Fairfax (Vienna, VA—2014)
Founded in 1987 by the Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Fairfax is a nonprofit organization whose goal is to build a base of understanding in the community, to educate and inform and to ultimately engage individuals to become agents of positive change in Fairfax County and the Northern Virginia region.
- Social media intern for the non-profit leadership organization
- Designed a plan to expand their social media platform by managing the organizations’ Facebook and Twitter accounts, and creating their email templates.
- Staffed high profile membership events
- Provided general office support work
- Upon completion of the internship, the Executive Director contracted with me to complete multiple special projects for Leadership Fairfax, prior to returning to university in the fall.
- University of Mary Washington (Fredericksburg, VA, Class of 2017)
Founded in 1908, the University of Mary Washington is home to approximately 4,000 undergraduates and is known for its rigorous academics in small, highly interactive classes.
- Bachelor of Arts in History
- Led teams of students, or individually authored, detailed research projects producing papers and large-scale public presentations
- Extensive writing associated with the major has increased my communications skills
- Excelled in developing strong and detailed analytical skills
- Digital Studies Minor
- Performed research on digital matters that help organizations and individuals harness the power of various communication vehicles
- Worked extensively with digital platforms and presenting media in new and interactive ways
- Member of History Honor Society Phi Alpha Theta
- Treasurer of University of Mary Washington’s Classics Department sponsored Classics Club
- Executive Board for UMW Certamen, an academic event hosted for middle and high school students to test their skills of Latin grammar and knowledge of Roman history
- Secretary for Yarn Works, a knitting and crochet group
- West Springfield High School (Springfield, VA, Class of 2013)
- Advanced Placement classes
- World History
- S. History
- Studio Art
- Art History
- Social media
- Image editing
- 3D printing
- Timeline tools
- Presentation tools
- Available upon request